OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game.

+5
Light
demonlord5000
Peva
crazedanimekid
moneymenace
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which scenario should I choose? (Look down for each scenario detail)

I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. I_vote_lcap14%I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. I_vote_lcap43%I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. I_vote_lcap14%I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. I_vote_lcap29%I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. Empty I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game.

Post by moneymenace Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey guys, moneymenace here. I had an issue with deciding what should be in a scene in my game. Either ways can alter the story a lot.

So imagine this. The character had just died for a reason I won't tell you. Classified. A classified person in the world of the dead haves the player go on this big quest for him. As the player accepts, he is transported back to his world. But everybody thinks he is dead and being seen would cause commotion.

Now I have to choose between three different scenarios, or a scenario that you guys think of.

1. Right when the player lands back in his hometown, a man/woman hiding behind an object who knows the player notices him land out of nowhere. This man/woman runs off and tells authorities. What this would do is cause it to be difficult to get back into town because guards are looking for the player in hopes that they will find him and interrogate him.

2. The player lands and it is nighttime so there is no one in sight. Everything is normal. But on his adventures, he finds that some of his friends are in danger. Once the player saves said friends, a lot of commotion would go on but the friends would eventually join your party. If this scenario isn't chosen, an alternative party will be chosen, it just won't consist of the player's friends.

3. The player lands and it's daytime but there's no one in sight. The player lands in front of the facility that he works at, he enters. When he enters he sees his friend and says, "Hi" or something. The friend ignores him and says, "(Player name here), will you come here for a second."
The player walks up to him and before he says something a copy of himself walks up to the friend. The player is now invisible to everyone and is now replaced by his spirit. In this scenario, you will be a summoner and will have spirits added to your party.

Please answer the poll for me because it truly will help. I will gather the results in two days. If you have a scenario of your own that's relative to this, feel free to share because it might end up in my game.
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Gald : 1337

Stats
Cookies: 0

Back to top Go down

I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. Empty Re: I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game.

Post by crazedanimekid Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:15 pm

I like the third scenario the best.

However, I'm not against giving the player a choice between the scenarios. They wouldn't need to be completely laid out for them, but some sort of choice which would propel them towards one of the scenarios.

Some food for thought.
crazedanimekid
crazedanimekid
Platinum Cookiez
Platinum Cookiez

Gald : 1277

Stats

Back to top Go down

I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. Empty Re: I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game.

Post by moneymenace Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:52 pm

I was actually thinking that. It's figuring out how to drive them into each scenario is the tricky part.
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Peva Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Option one would do the best cause it would increase difficulty without acutally doing anything
Peva
Peva
Development Moderator
Development Moderator

Gald : 4414

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by crazedanimekid Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Good point Peva.
crazedanimekid
crazedanimekid
Platinum Cookiez
Platinum Cookiez

Gald : 1277

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by demonlord5000 Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:09 pm

I chose scenario two, and I'll explain why right now. In scenario one, your party isn't mentioned, and while it would increase difficulty, it would seem you would need to work a party in that scenario. In scenario three, I get the feeling you would have a silent party, since you would be controlling the said spirits in it. In scenario two he knows the people in his party, and that could lead to a bit of interesting dialog. I gotta go with what I think would work best to create a good story.
demonlord5000
demonlord5000
Newcomer
Newcomer

Gald : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:08 pm

Ipick 2 nocomment why
Light
Light
Banned
Banned

Gald : 2129

Stats

http://www.light.site11.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by moneymenace Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm going to use the best scenario at the end of today, so please cast your opinion.
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:45 pm

I guess i pick two cause friends are allways better to have if i friend gets hurt you are gonna be pissed and go crazy well i would anyway!
Light
Light
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by omegas7 Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 pm

I like the first two scenarios. Let's connect them!

You appear and a man sees you. The man believes you're just someone who looks similar to.. err... you, so he just talks to you. The player can choose what to say, however, all arguments will end up freaking up the man (discovering that you are really... err... you) and he runs calling authorities. Now you have hide from the guards around town. After you have traveled a bit and found a safe place in town, you see your friends in danger and you come to help them. Once saved them, you hear the guards coming, and you have no other choice than hiding... but you're too slow and the guards find you and your friends in the spot. You are taken for questioning, and your friends are arrested. During the interrogation you somehow reveal that you were dead and somehow came back to life. The guards freak out and then they believe your friends are necromancers or something, and now you have to find a way to clean their names, for practicing necromancy is one of the vilest crimes in town.

@_@
omegas7
omegas7
Admin
Admin

Gald : 4121

Stats

http://www.omegadev.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 pm

dang omegas why not just write the game for him lol jk
Light
Light
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Snacks Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Alot depends on the setting of the world, and where he/she lands in it..

I think the idea of some a$$hat freaking out and getting authorities sounds silly >.<

I think, Classified Character should land all whoosh like (or w/e) and upon landing in a nearly secluded area, (maybe a big beautiful meadow at midnight) the only person who witnesses is a girl who has a huge imagination, sitting underneath a tree gazing at the stars above the meadow, but instead of running for her life and calling authorities, she is amazed, curious and just glorified in awe at the sight.

The Classified Character (or whatever) stands up and sees her come out from under the tree, out in the open meadow, and just starts staring at him mouth wide open still in pure gasping awe.
Then Classified character could just be all like
"O__o;; shhh!!1 you gotsa keep it a secret!! *flails arms*"
and shes all like
"W-where did you come from?!!"
"H-how'd you come from the sky j-just like that?? *mini-freak out*"
then, then then... ummm...
After a short little convo maybe, of Classified character convincing her hes not her enemy, and hes not a goddamn evil ghost come back to haunt her. (BECAUSE MAYBE THIS GIRL WAS HIS FRIEND BEFORE HE DIED! Wink )

authorities or whatever arrive, after everyone in town seeing the bright light, and making all these rumors, authorities went to investigate it.
The girl helps you escape and you both get away and back to her house, or some Sh!t
and and and, and then you tell her everything, and more stuff happens and yadda yaada.... imma go lay down, my head hurts. >.<

Snacks
Snacks
Bronze Cookiez
Bronze Cookiez

Gald : 1164

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:46 pm

nice snacks lol thats is funny
Light
Light
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by moneymenace Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Omegas, I just love the idea. This idea would create such action and would increase the difficulty. I'm also looking at a court-like scenario where you find required clues and try to convince the judge through your choices that your friends are not necromancers.

Snacks, this is a bit of spoiler, but, the player lands in his hometown which is closeby to where he needs to begin his task. There is no meadows in this town, because they were all wiped out by a massive volcano. So this town is almost purely homes and businesses. Children are uncommon. This scenario ends the way Omegas does except with a little less.

Last edited by moneymenace on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Snacks Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:37 pm

moneymenace wrote:Omegas, I just love the idea. This idea would create such action and would increase the difficulty. I'm also looking at a court-like scenario where you find required clues and try to convince the judge through your choices that your friends are not necromancers.

Snacks, this is a bit of spoiler, but, the player lands in his hometown which is closeby to where he needs to begin his task. There is no meadows in this town, because they were all wiped out by a massive volcano. So this town is almost purely homes and businesses. Children are uncommon. This scenario would not affect the story at all, unless this little girl is a tattle-tale. But thank you for the effort, Snacks.

Anytime! ^_^
I whisked myself away in my own magical fairyland for a second there, rather enjoyed it pleasantly C:
Snacks
Snacks
Bronze Cookiez
Bronze Cookiez

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by omegas7 Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Snacks, do you call freaking a little girl pleasant?
I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. Dsggf
omegas7
omegas7
Admin
Admin

Gald : 4121

Stats

http://www.omegadev.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by moneymenace Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Shocked Razz at the same time. I can't stop cracking up.
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:48 pm

The girl's face is xD Okay, mixing up the first two scenarios like Omegas said sounds good but try adding something that would make the game more stealthy.
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 1860

Stats
Cookies: 3

http://uneedhelp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:59 pm

OMFGOSH Omegas lmao that is funny!
Light
Light
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by moneymenace Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 pm

OK, the poll is done! Thanks for your guys' support and the results are in.

Scenario 1 - 14%
Scenario 2 - 42%
Scenario 3 - 14%

Scenario had 3 times the votes as the other two. BUT, Omegas has given me a great idea to combine both scenarios 1 and 2. So if you would like to check out his post above for what that scenario, it is going to be added to my game. The polls are now closed. Thanks guys for your support.

And light, btw, just WOW with the avatar...
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:27 pm

It is a great idea to combine the two..
lol I got the avatar idea all thanks to omegas lol
Light
Light
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Snacks Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:28 am

omegas7 wrote:Snacks, do you call freaking a little girl pleasant?
I need your guys' opinion on a scene in my game. Dsggf

Hahaha!!1
I'm taking Light's internet virginity now, kthx Very Happy

Last edited by Snacks on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Snacks
Snacks
Bronze Cookiez
Bronze Cookiez

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Peva Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 am

Where the hell did you find that/find the time to make that?
Peva
Peva
Development Moderator
Development Moderator

Gald : 4414

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 am

@ Snacks
I thought you were sick Oo You shouldn't be doing things like that when you're sick.
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 1860

Stats
Cookies: 3

http://uneedhelp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:33 am

This is gonna be a good inside joke lmao
Light
Light
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next