OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to finishing your games!

+2
Peva
SugarBell
6 posters

Go down

How to finishing your games! Empty How to finishing your games!

Post by SugarBell Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello! It has been a while for me! :) I am going to help this forums because I feel like I have not do anything. :( And I will want to be a moderator one day so I will want to do something well for this forums!

So I am going to telling this things I see in many games here and how to fixing it! Ok I will starting now! XD

1. Always testing it!!!

I will notice that some simple mistake will be gone if only this developers will TESTING there game! When you will want to give your game away, make sure you will testing it all the way through! If you may beat your game all the way to the end, then others will! Like Andinator's game I will see it stuck you behind a wall, there is no way to beat this games if you are stuck! If he will testing it then he would probably seeing it!

Also make sure to making mistake on purpose! Go the wrong way sometimes! Also try what will happen if you try to go to the place ahead of the place you want them to go. What about back to another place, will it repeating the quest again?

This can be ok if you will get your friends to testing it also! Because your friend does not knowing the game, they will probably making mistakes but not on purpose! Testing will get out many bugs to make sure you may at least playing the game to the end and not crashing or get stuck!

2. Spellings and Grammer!

I am not one person to saying anything because my English is not well.. but that is why I will have someone I know is well, so they will helping me! Seeing a mistake will making it look not company done and more new person done! To giving your game a company made look, have very little mistakes!

3. Map and Event Error!

Sometimes the passability will be wrong for some things! You will not wanting to walk on the shadows! XD Make sure to cover this areas you will not want them to go yet, or do not make a path that goes no where unless it will meant to be there! Also sometimes I will forget to change my events to "Same As Characters" and you will not be able to talk to it because it will still be "Below Character"!

Also, make sure some events that will give you an item having a "SELF SWITCH"! Sometimes I will going up to a box and it will giving me a potion, but I will talk again and it will give me as many as I want! XD Also, events with cutting scenes you will not want to see again after they are over!

Sometimes when you are in a map and there is a cutting scene, you will make an event move, or vanishing, but when you come back they are still there! That is the same problem! They will need a switch to make sure they leave, or to "Set Event Location" for them to stay in that place you move them after you leave the map!

Also, sometimes developers will move the start point for the player when testing! Move it back to the beginning before you share it! :)

And last, is also a switch error is to turn off for Autorun events! Otherwise it will happening again! XD

4. Share it correctly!

Peva will make a good tutorial for this! Please read it! I will see many people who only use a ".rar" file or ".zip" file but it could not work that way and you will see all the resource and they can steal it also! So reading this if you want to help people playing your game and protect your resource as well!

http://www.omegadev.biz/rpg-maker-vx-tutorials-f10/sharing-your-game-with-the-community-t311.htm

That is all for now! It is all mostly just to test it! Test it a lot and have a lot of people test it! :)

SugarBell
SugarBell
Cookie Baker
Cookie Baker

Gald : 1108

Stats
Cookies: 0

Back to top Go down

How to finishing your games! Empty Re: How to finishing your games!

Post by Peva Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Nice tut!
Peva
Peva
Development Moderator
Development Moderator

Gald : 4414

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaeroll Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:03 pm

heheheh nice one ami :3
Jaeroll
Jaeroll
Cookie Follower
Cookie Follower

Gald : 419

Back to top Go down

Post by HopeEsthiem Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Its a very nice tut!
HopeEsthiem
HopeEsthiem
Cookie Baker
Cookie Baker

Gald : 776

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarBell Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:00 pm

thank you to reply to my tutorial! :) i will just tell the things i see in games on this site! i hope it will help! XD
SugarBell
SugarBell
Cookie Baker
Cookie Baker

Gald : 1108

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfsong Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Wow another nice tutorial great job Ami Chan a lot of people i know need to use this Cool
Elfsong
Elfsong
Epic Cookiez
Epic Cookiez

Gald : 1056

Stats

http://www.freewebs.com/dimoak37

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Nice tutorial ami-chan. I'll be sure to look at this when I'll make a demo one day (which I will never 'cause I'm too lazy).
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 1860

Stats
Cookies: 3

http://uneedhelp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down