OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't make up my mind..

+5
Elfsong
The Creator
IMP1
Shady
LoseOrDieTrying
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I can't make up my mind.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I can't make up my mind..

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Shady wrote:What I meant Lose is that your already asking for help without Knowing what EXACTLY your going to make. On top of that your asking random people without getting to know their work Exactly positioned.

I do know what I'm going to make actually, and I ask for help to get a basis down. I hardly ever take someones codes 100%, I turn someone elses work into my own work. But mostly I'm asking for support and extra help from people that know C++ and how to code an actual game engine from nothing.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Gald : 597

Stats
Cookies: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Yea but if you don't know C++ Then you don't know what your making >.> Plus C++ Is complicated but I still got it Razz plus you know how many Script Compiling takes to make a 2-Map game? If your going to make a fuck load map game then be my guest, Plus you need Prof. Graphic designers for the Map AND you need Good Looped music from Pro programs not from MILF or Midis or whatever you call them. You need MP3 Files and that kind of stuff. As for the Scripts, You need D3D Components and DirectX compatible programming. On top of that you need Visual X and enough space in your PC for the game. Now when you download a game its like 500-600 MB right? But your PC has the bases from that game which are a FUCK FUCKING FUCK load of Space. Oh and the Network coding has to be good for Compatible OS. Now I'll help with the coding and I'll ask my other friends to help too ( Call of Duty Hacking Experts FTW ). This game will take so much time T.T Plus school and other events. T.T.
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Gald : 3288

Stats

http://www.slimshady.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Shady wrote:Yea but if you don't know C++ Then you don't know what your making >.> Plus C++ Is complicated but I still got it Razz plus you know how many Script Compiling takes to make a 2-Map game? If your going to make a fuck load map game then be my guest, Plus you need Prof. Graphic designers for the Map AND you need Good Looped music from Pro programs not from MILF or Midis or whatever you call them. You need MP3 Files and that kind of stuff. As for the Scripts, You need D3D Components and DirectX compatible programming. On top of that you need Visual X and enough space in your PC for the game. Now when you download a game its like 500-600 MB right? But your PC has the bases from that game which are a FUCK FUCKING FUCK load of Space. Oh and the Network coding has to be good for Compatible OS. Now I'll help with the coding and I'll ask my other friends to help too ( Call of Duty Hacking Experts FTW ). This game will take so much time T.T Plus school and other events. T.T.

Who said I was going to do something big? I know things dude.. I'm not a beginner. I've delt with scripting before, you need to remember that I've been around 3-4 more years than you. I'm starting small, most likely I won't start my own game engine until I'm in college (in 2 years), but until then I'm going to make small projects to enhance my knowledge of scripting and game design.

As for graphics, people don't have to be professional, I don't care if my games graphics suck at this point. I'm not looking for some amazingly awesome game, I'm looking for experience so when I get to college, I can say that I've done stuff like this before and have a headstart. As for the d3d and direct x stuff, you know there are other things you can use, right?

Also, you don't have to use the f word 30 times in 1 paragraph.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by omegas7 Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Or pay for an existing MMORPG Engine... don't complain, please (everyone keeps telling me that such engines suck, but...), there are extremely powerful and great engines out there... of course you will still need to code a lot, but at least you won't have to program a whole engine and base libraries, which is veeeery time consuming.....

Now, now, let's say you are still going for building up an engine from scratch. That is good, I love to work on projects from scratch. But the great amount of coding and debugging the engine interface and the base libraries for your game (and I mean everything everything) will need lots of dedicated work - a whole team, probably, a paid team. Maybe years... so much serious work...

At the end, you will have spent much more money than what it would have cost to buy a powerful Engine (and they're actually pretty expensive, but still)...

That is my suggestion, buying an engine will be faster than making one (obviously lol), and, since it is very probable that you will have to pay people, cheaper.

Without being so pessimistic! I have experience programming iPhone applications using Objective-C, which is quite similar to C, so I might, just might help sometimes... but unfortunately I'm not so experienced working with such =/

I with you good luck, I also love the idea of making a mmorpg, but I'll let that dream wait a while longer :p... I still have to invent the box that is bigger on the inside.
omegas7
omegas7
Admin
Admin

Gald : 4121

Stats

http://www.omegadev.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Since when does Age relate to Anything LMFAO.

Edit: I used the f word 4 times. ( Fucking dosent count =O )
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Shady wrote:Since when does Age relate to Anything LMFAO.

Edit: I used the f word 4 times. ( Fucking dosent count =O )

Age means a lot dude.. Wisdom comes with age, you learn things and realize how you did things wrong when you were younger as you grow up.

And to Omegas.. That's a big wall of text.. My plans were originally to make the engine, but that was a rash decision, after some research and programming I realized that that is too much for one man alone, and with not so much experience in making one. As for the other mmo engines, yes, I would love to use one of those, but I am looking for a 2d mmo engine. I have never seen a good working 2d mmo engine, I would love if you could point some out though.

But currently, I am looking for an engine like the one that the game endless-online (click to go to the website) uses, and I fear that the engine they used was custom made.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vectomon Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:42 pm

You should try making something with Python, it's a nice and easy programming language to start with. Note that I'm not well versed in programming so I might be saying soemthing silly. It's what I've been told tho.
Vectomon
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Gald : 3025

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Hmm Lose didn't you say you have a band or sumfin? You could use that for music =O
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Vectomon wrote:You should try making something with Python, it's a nice and easy programming language to start with. Note that I'm not well versed in programming so I might be saying soemthing silly. It's what I've been told tho.

I tried it way back, didn't care for it.

As for the band, no I'm not. I'm in a marching band though. Razz

I think I'm starting to go back to my original thoughts when I was making the Dream Wars thread.. I'm more of a developer, programming just isn't my thing. It's tough work, Idk if this is what I really want to do or not.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:10 pm

I can't make up my mind.. - Page 2 63350210

Well I'll help 4 sho >;D
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Tomorrow I'll try out writing a story and see if that fits me any better. Right now I really just want to figure out what I want to do with my life.

I do have a couple ideas that would be good for an rpgmaker vx game though.. So that's a possible choice. But I really need to decide on something so I can stick with it and get it done for once.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Have you ever heard of eclipse evolution?? it a pre written 2-D mmo engine with over 1000 scripts that fit into it, RPG maker vx resouces are compatable with it and it lloks really good! * I plan on using it later in my career! *
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 920

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by omegas7 Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:00 am

Dawningstar wrote:Have you ever heard of eclipse evolution?? it a pre written 2-D mmo engine with over 1000 scripts that fit into it, RPG maker vx resouces are compatable with it and it lloks really good! * I plan on using it later in my career! *

It is an horrible engine (just saying).
I did try it a bit before, long time ago, but I really doubt it has progressed much since that time. Yes, it has many scripts available, but many of them are very outdated with the newest libraries, and the engine is a bit messy and buggy......

Edit: You know Torque? There are many Torque game engines (2D, 3D, iPhone, etc) platforms. Torque is pretty powerful, supported by a huge community, and quite popular. Torque 2D has networking functions, of course it isn't mainly focused for huge online games, but I heard it can support a pretty good and decent amount of players online. If you're aiming for a small online game, this might be good... but it is much better for offline 2D games... (and they're great Very Happy)
omegas7
omegas7
Admin
Admin

Gald : 4121

Stats

http://www.omegadev.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:10 am

Ah Torque. I had paid the web a visit but I didn't try it. It looked nice though and Eclipse is just plain bad. It uses the RPGXP tilesets too but other than that, it's really bad if ye ask me.
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 1860

Stats
Cookies: 3

http://uneedhelp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:47 am

Torque is a bit pricey for me, though it does look nice. I'm trying to work from a budget of nothing right now, which is the hardest thing to do.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:44 am

Lol, thats one of the hardest parts... well, eclipse is the only free one that I know... if you want to give it a try it may beyour only shot at the moment...
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:00 am

Well, currently I'm writing a story for a VX RPG just to see if I enjoy the job of a developer more. It's going very well, harder to write a story than I thought though. Razz
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by moneymenace Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:12 am

Hey, Lose! I just started reading a book on C++. Seems simple enough, I might be able to help out. Emphasis on MIGHT.
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Gald : 1337

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 am

moneymenace wrote:Hey, Lose! I just started reading a book on C++. Seems simple enough, I might be able to help out. Emphasis on MIGHT.

I don't think I'll be doing the engine any time soon, and I found out that all the books don't really help at all. Turns out you never really use any of the basic c++ codes, it's all depending on what library you use.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by moneymenace Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:26 am

I see, well I'm going to have C++ and Java under my belt so if somehow you need my help in ANY of those fields, then I'd be glad.

But you can just go simple and just ask for some music and call it a night. Very Happy
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Gald : 1337

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:49 pm

I also have a little experience in C++... not that it will do youmuch good at the moment due to the fact it cant really create anything with the skills I have! Razz

The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2