OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sore Losers

+3
The Creator
moneymenace
Fallen-Griever
7 posters

Go down

Sore Losers Empty Sore Losers

Post by Fallen-Griever Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:15 am

SORE LOSERS

VERSION 1.3 - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

RMN "FEATURED GAME" MARCH 2010!!
NOMINATED RRR "FEATURED GAME" FOR MAY 2009!!
NOMINATED "MOST PROMISING DEMO", 2008 MISAOS!!

"It takes a 12 step program, hypnosis, a sex change, and the whole damn starwars series to break you away."
- Tyrannos

"A solid romp through the desolate streets of a sci fi dystopia." - Silviera

"Overall, a very solid cyberpunk game that makes excellent use of its setting and atmosphere." - Solitayre

"Sore Losers" is a cyberpunk RPG set in a modern, dystopian world. The gameplay is largely traditional, but shakes things up with interactive mini-game sequences, optional missions and a deeply immersive setting, all of which serve to break up the common roleplaying grind.

The Setting:

The game is set within the nation of Ferusia, with most gameplay taking place in "Ferusia City", the nation's capital. The nation is a totalitarian state led by a single-party Government, but despite this the general populace of Ferusia are happy with their leaders. The Government's efforts to advance technology and science, whilst at the same time irradicating the distractions of religion and beauracracy, have resulting in the nation becoming the most technologically advanced in the world. The Ferusian military is also incredibly advanced compared to the militaries of other nations, and is the only one on the planet with modern firearms and artillery as well as the only military to have access to the more powerful weapons of war; these weapons include inter-continental, nuclear and biological missiles. The military also acts as a Police Force in most Ferusian cities and towns, a factor that the Government believes deters many from committing crimes every single day. Despite all this power, the country is no longer expansive having already taken control of most of its own continent, but it does has active interests in overseas resources. For instance, the recent discovery of an interesting mineral named Ferustine (named after the country by the research group that discovered it) has led to the stationing of many research groups overseas, all protected by a contingent of the Ferusian Military.

Despite the large majority of people being happy with Ferusian life, and despite the power of the Ferusian military, there are still those who believe a democratic state to be the only way a country should be run. They want more control over how the Government is run and want the Government to be more accountable to its citizens, especially when it comes to what the rebels believe are dangerous genetic and mechanic experiments being run by the Government. Without any solid proof, however, the rebels are fighting a losing battle and are gradually being weeded out by the Ferusian Military. Ferusian convicts also believe they are being treated unfairly; sentenced to life within the "slums" of Ferusia City (an area of the city designed specifcally to contain criminals), petty thieves and fraudsters are placed alongside murderers and rapists in a daily fight to survive.

In the middle of it all are Markus and David, two criminals who have accepted their wrongs and simply go about their lives in the slums. Working for a mercenary leader named Jade, they carry out various jobs for those with enough money to pay, and they're about to set out on their latest; one that will drag them into a conflict they don't understand and don't care to be a part of...

Blarb:

So, after basically five years of restarting many different projects under the same sort of title, I've finally got one of them finished. I'm actually kind of amazed with myself because, to be honest, I didn't think this would ever happen; I have a massive tendency to get dragged down into remaking early sections of my games or trying to make their storylines more "epic" than they need to be and that usually puts me off track and leads to be abandonning what I have created.

Well, not this time!

This time I decided not to bother with making an "epic". I decided to put my perfectionism to one side and, instead of trying to recreate the overwhelming pretence that is most RM role-playing games, I decided to make a down-to-earth, fun-to-play game that isn't just a space-bashing romp through fantasy locales with bells attatched. And although I think the dystopian, cyberpunk setting I've created is a realistically gritty vision of life as a condemned criminal, and although I think the locales and non-playable characters are some of the best out there, and although I am quite proud of how the story comes together, none of these are what this game is about.

Instead, Sore Losers is only intended to be a fun to play game for the ten or so hours you'll be playing through it. I hope you'll all come out thinking that I've managed to achieve that.

Features Include:

Over 10 hours of gameplay.
A broad synthesis system that allows you to create and upgrade unique weapons.
Dozens of optional quests to complete, all kept track of by a "To Do List" system.
An Active Encounter System (AES) that removes the need for random encounters.
Inventive Lockpicking and Computer Hacking minigames.
More quotable NPCs than you can shake a stick at.

Screenshots:

"Screenshots":
Credits:

"Credits":

Last edited by Fallen-Griever on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Fallen-Griever
Fallen-Griever
Commoner
Commoner

Gald : 92

http://rpgmaker.net/users/FallenGriever/

Back to top Go down

Sore Losers Empty Re: Sore Losers

Post by moneymenace Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Ah... wow. Fantastic is an understatement to what this is. You looked for another site to show off your game-making skills and you decided to come here to really show off something that must have taken endless miles of work and imagination. And the sequel is just more to it.
I'll be sure to play it.
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Gald : 1337

Stats
Cookies: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:54 am

Yes... this looks amazing. I realy do hope to play this soon!
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 920

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen-Griever Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:25 am

moneymenace wrote:Ah... wow. Fantastic is an understatement to what this is. You looked for another site to show off your game-making skills and you decided to come here to really show off something that must have taken endless miles of work and imagination. And the sequel is just more to it.
I'll be sure to play it.

Thanks Smile

People always need to look for more places to show off their games because the community is really small, especially the RM* community!

Yes... this looks amazing. I realy do hope to play this soon!

Hope you enjoy the game.
Fallen-Griever
Fallen-Griever
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by HopeEsthiem Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 am

I don't think I'll play.Sorry.

The reasons:
The graphics.I don't like retro.
Time.I'm back at school.
HopeEsthiem
HopeEsthiem
Cookie Baker
Cookie Baker

Gald : 776

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfsong Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Very Nice game I like it a lot the graphics I think make it unique though I wish the characters had eyes this looks like a good game to try and play
Elfsong
Elfsong
Epic Cookiez
Epic Cookiez

Gald : 1056

Stats

http://www.freewebs.com/dimoak37

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:20 am

Lol, I love how people get picky about graphics... For me, as long as it has a good story thats all I realy need!
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Peva Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:22 am

Pretty basic and looks like it has a bit of potential!
Peva
Peva
Development Moderator
Development Moderator

Gald : 4414

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen-Griever Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:04 pm

I don't think I'll play.Sorry.

The reasons:
The graphics.I don't like retro.
Time.I'm back at school.
Yeah, the graphics are really simple because RPGMaker 2000 is really suited to those types of graphics. Also, when I made this I wasn't making my own graphics yet so I kinda had to work with what was available to me.

Very Nice game I like it a lot the graphics I think make it unique though I wish the characters had eyes this looks like a good game to try and play
Erm, the characters do have eyes... Not sure where you got that from. Anyway, the graphics are all readily available, I got most of them from charas-project.

Lol, I love how people get picky about graphics... For me, as long as it has a good story thats all I realy need!
I think the story is alright, but the gameplay is definitely the strongpoint. I am much better at designing dungeons and minigames than I am at writing stories and dialogue.
Fallen-Griever
Fallen-Griever
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by HopeEsthiem Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Ahh...I thought it was VX or XP
HopeEsthiem
HopeEsthiem
Cookie Baker
Cookie Baker

Gald : 776

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen-Griever Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:30 pm

Ahh...I thought it was VX or XP
I am still living in the past...

Sad
Fallen-Griever
Fallen-Griever
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen-Griever Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:03 am

I'm a bit late on catching this one since RPGRevolution (RRR) has its reviews hidden away in a forum that I rarely (if ever) check. I figured someone would post something like this to the Sore Losers forum topic or gamepage but, unfortunately, they did not. Still, no matter, I know about it now and, since its really positive (despite the mistaken assumption that Sore Losers was made in RM2K3), I'm quite happy about it.

You can find the original review here: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32663

Click Here To Read Review:
Fallen-Griever
Fallen-Griever
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by omegas7 Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Looks pretty interesting! (Yeah until now I read this Razz)
omegas7
omegas7
Admin
Admin

Gald : 4121

Stats

http://www.omegadev.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfsong Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Fallen-Griever wrote:

Erm, the characters do have eyes... Not sure where you got that from. Anyway, the graphics are all readily available, I got most of them from charas-project..
WHERE DID THAT COME FROM LOL wow sorry??????hmm anyways great game!
Elfsong
Elfsong
Epic Cookiez
Epic Cookiez

Gald : 1056

Stats

http://www.freewebs.com/dimoak37

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Omg... so much fun, this is great!
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen-Griever Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks a lot! There are a few things that, with hindsight, I would go back and change; but I still think it's a solid game.

Smile
Fallen-Griever
Fallen-Griever
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down