OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More BBCode codes?

4 posters

Go down

More BBCode codes? Empty More BBCode codes?

Post by IMP1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:11 am

I had a look at the possible ones. And I thought there were a couple I'd seen on other sites that I liked the look of, and then ones that I'd never seen but thought would be cool. I guess this could be the topic for people to suggest more BBCodes for the site. This would first have to be okay'd by Omegas, so Don't post until Omegas7 does.. He'd know what was possible or not, but then again he might not want to bother with anything new BBCode-wise...
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Gald : 1399

Stats
Cookies: 5

Back to top Go down

More BBCode codes? Empty Re: More BBCode codes?

Post by Dezz123 Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:49 am

What if Omegas never posts here? Razz
Anyways, I think you're not allowed to add BBCode. Only forumotion can.
Dezz123
Dezz123
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 6469

Stats
Cookies: 0

http://www.dezzgames.webs.com, www.evalon.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IMP1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:48 am

If OmegaDev uses a late enough version of phpBB it should be possible. Thank you for reading the "Don't post until Omegas7 does" and taking it into account, and PMing me with the relevant information and not asking stupid questions.

EDIT:
@Omegas7: If it's possible, see http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/adding-custom-bbcodes-in-phpbb3/
I could probably give you the html of what I wanted...
C
Spoiler:
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Dezz123 Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:50 am

I read it. I just didn't see the point on having to wait for Omegas. People should be able to post about it without waiting, and even though you tell them not to they still should be allowed. They can post their own views and opinions about it, which is the main point on having the forum. If you wanted it to be between you and Omegas, you should have PMed him about it instead.
And he may not post here. It was a stupid question, but it was a normal question too.
Dezz123
Dezz123
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by IMP1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:30 am

Saying it's a stupid and normal question makes no sense. Every question is a normal question, unless it's got some other attributes. So you're not saying anything with that statement.
The point of waiting for Omegas, is that until he says whether he can change the BBCode or not, it's all speculation. So posting anything, let alone a (self-admitted) stupid question and an ill-informed answer to something that I was asking Omegas7, because he'd actually know.

And please don't try to make this "People should be allowed to post". Because, while this is a particular question I'm asking Omegas, if the answer was yes, then I would make this a topic for suggestions. So i was saving spam by telling people not to post until we know that their posts would have any meaning.
And saying something like "They can post their own views and opinions about it, which is the main point on having the forum."is bollocks because your views and opinions are not what I want until I know what your views and opinions cannot tell me. I could have PMed him, just as you could have PMed me with either/or both of your posts here.
I didn't beacuse I wanted this to be the topic for posting BBCode suggestions if it were posisble. But you didn't for what reason?
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Dezz123 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:38 am

First off, you said the post was stupid. I was merely explaining it was a stupid, with a bit of seriousness involved.
Secondly, why not just PM Omegas, then post this instead of posting this for all to see and telling them not to post? If you were after suggestions AFTER Omegas has replied, PM him BEFORE posting this. It's simple. And you were saving spam? More like causing spam. People will obviously post here, and if they didn't this would be useless.

And no, what I said is not bollocks. I was referring to the FORUM, like I said. Not just this THREAD.
And I didn't PM you and posted here because I shouldn't have to PM you. I was merely stating what I thought, based on other forums and that their BBCode is practically the same. I was sharing my opinion, like the forum is for. Quit flaming/causing arguments.
Dezz123
Dezz123
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by IMP1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:59 am

Landargon wrote:First off, you said the post was stupid. I was merely explaining it was a stupid, with a bit of seriousness involved.
You said normal. If you meant serious, fucking say it.
Landargon wrote:Secondly, why not just PM Omegas, then post this instead of posting this for all to see and telling them not to post? If you were after suggestions AFTER Omegas has replied, PM him BEFORE posting this. It's simple.
I could have PMed him, but then I would have to make the topic later if it were possible. So I was saving myself some future work.
Landargon wrote:And you were saving spam? More like causing spam. People will obviously post here, and if they didn't this would be useless.
People will obviously post here because they feel the need to poke fun at a simple, straightforward and reasonable request. I wasn't causing spam. I expected people here had a basic level of maturity and understanding. Way to prove me wrong. It wouldn't be useless, because it'd be a place for people to suggest BBCode in the future. Can you not read?
Landargon wrote:And no, what I said is not bollocks. I was referring to the FORUM, like I said. Not just this THREAD.
And I didn't PM you and posted here because I shouldn't have to PM you. I was merely stating what I thought, based on other forums and that their BBCode is practically the same. I was sharing my opinion, like the forum is for. Quit flaming/causing arguments.
Okay, firstly. Your pedantry is not going to fly. If you're talking about the Forum, make you OWN THREAD. It's spam here. Okay? You shouldn't *have* to PM me?! Nobody is saying you should *HAVE* to. Fucking hell. It would be preferable, as it would mean that you wouldn't post subtly insulting posts as some vague attempt to seem cool to your contempories. And it would be in a more relveant forum, and it'd mean you'd seem a LOT less hypocritical after just telling me to PM Omegas. The whole point of this topic AT THE MOMENT was to ask Omegas, not to ask for your opinion on something that I knew was ignorant after 3/4 minutes of searching on google. The forum is for RMVX. Not your opinion necessarily. And this topic especially is not for your opinion yet. I'm not flaming. I'm being extremely civil despite how enraged I am by your stupidity. And as for causing arguments.... well, had you not posted here, doing as I asked, then there would be no argument, so I'm going to have to say that, according to that faultless logic, YOU'RE causing the argument.

(I'd also appreciate anyone thinking about posting saying "stop arguing guys!" to not. It'd create unnecessary spam. And it wouldn't stop me arguing.)
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Dezz123 Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:28 pm

You know what? Fuck it. Go on MSN or whatever and we'll discuss it there. And even if I did cause flaming, you can't truthfully deny you did too, because you did. I'm not willing to get banned over such a petty matter.
Dezz123
Dezz123
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by IMP1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Why is MSN any different? I prefer this as it gives one a chance to think about one's agrument, and means the victor is not merely the one what can type quicker. Of course, PMs would do fine too. Oh, wait what? What do you mean that was what I originally requested...?
Let's look at what happened. I posted here asking Omegas a question and hoping this would become a BBCode Suggestion Thread. You posted here with no helpful information despite me asking people not to. I said "Thank you for reading the "Don't post until Omegas7 does" and taking it into account, and PMing me with the relevant information and not asking stupid questions." ironically, because you either didn't read it or didnt take it into account. Didn't PM me, and asked a stupid question. Then you got all defensive and started bullshitting about your freedom to post your opinion and crap like that. And you think I started the "flaming"? You need to open your eyes. And also learn what flaming is.
And why would you get banned for arguing?
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by omegas7 Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, I would definitely love more BBCode tags. However, forumotion, which is hosting this phpBB site, has no option for adding custom BBCodes. In the forumotion forums a lot of people has been discussing this. This is probably the latest suggestion:
http://help.forumotion.com/suggestions-for-your-forums-f30/add-make-more-bbcode-tags-t79875.htm?highlight=bbcode

I understand how wonderful it would be to have some extra BBcode tags... in many occasions I planned on downloading phpBB and hosting it somewhere (in HostGator for example) for full customization. We might consider doing that in a future though.

As for the discussion being held in this topic, bah, I'm doing nothing about it. Discussions = Awesome! Though I doubt there is anything else to discuss after my post D=
omegas7
omegas7
Admin
Admin

Gald : 4121

Stats

http://www.omegadev.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by IMP1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:04 pm

Hrrm. Well okay. that's a shame
I found http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/adding-custom-bbcodes-in-phpbb3/
which seemed to tell me 'twas possible. I dunno why forummotion aren't doing it.

But yeah, this can be closed now.
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:04 pm

OMEGAS U IDIOT THAT SITE IS STUPID!!! LETS DISCUSS!!!! aHHHHH!!!!!
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Gald : 3288

Stats

http://www.slimshady.com

Back to top Go down

Post by omegas7 Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Though that link is pretty useful and interesting, thanks! We might really consider moving our forums in a future...

Shady wrote:OMEGAS U IDIOT THAT SITE IS STUPID!!! LETS DISCUSS!!!! aHHHHH!!!!!
You had to speak nonsense specifically in this topic? I verbally warn you.
omegas7
omegas7
Admin
Admin

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Dezz123 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Sorry about my earlier posts.
And because my warn was increased. I didn't see the point on having it increase any more due to a stupid comment I said.
I was just annoyed. Also, I think the idea of having more BB Codes is a good idea. It'd be cool to have an image-type spoiler or a spoiler with a label.
Dezz123
Dezz123
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by omegas7 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Yes, well, that is an issue Forumotion might not be fixing very soon I fear. This has been suggested many years back too. We really should consider moving to a more flexible environment (downloading X forum software and hosting with hostgator or something).

Oh well, that is to be considered in a future. Closed now ~
omegas7
omegas7
Admin
Admin

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down