OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working with Conditional Branches

2 posters

Go down

Working with Conditional Branches Empty Working with Conditional Branches

Post by Shady Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:24 am

Today, we're gonna be working with Conditional Branches and minor variables. Now first, you might wanna set up your events. Let's say this is a quest.

Quest Name: Conditional Branches
Difficulty: 3/10 ( ** )
Objectives: Talk to the miner, then the witch.

Ok so let's get started!

Once you set up the event it should look like this: Working with Conditional Branches Cb_tut11

Now, as you see, it's pretty sloppy because this is the next event setup: Working with Conditional Branches Cb_tut12

Now, this is horribly misleading. Because if you do this, you will epicly fail. This is why they gave us the option of Conditional Branches. What is conditional branches? You can find it in my RMVX Dictionary I will be posting soon.

This are the easy steps to make your objective much clearer:

Setting up Variable: Working with Conditional Branches Cb_tut13

After that name the variable and it might look like this: Working with Conditional Branches Cb_tut14

After that you can complete what you want by putting a conditional branch like this: Working with Conditional Branches Cb_tut15

Now you set the conditional branch to when the variable is activated, and add your own dialogue or animations and BOOM! your done.

Homework: Try practicing this, by setting up events and testing them. Get familiar with branches.

Up Next: Working with Switches/Self Switches

Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Gald : 3288

Stats
Cookies: 0

http://www.slimshady.com

Back to top Go down

Working with Conditional Branches Empty Re: Working with Conditional Branches

Post by The Creator Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:41 pm

Hey, Its a really nice tutorial! I remember when I first started using them I was lost, you should try a variable tut next though... I still don't get those
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 920

Stats
Cookies: 0

Back to top Go down