OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kind of a battle system, kind of a full game system.

5 posters

Go down

Kind of a battle system, kind of a full game system. Empty Kind of a battle system, kind of a full game system.

Post by Zadorain Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 pm

omegas7 wrote:
Vectomon wrote:A pet system like Pókemon. Pets could level, battle and evolve. That'd be extremely awesomepic.

dezz123 wrote:Vectomon, I believe someone has already made that script. Check on rpgrevolution.com

And if not, I would love to make it.

I was lurking a second ago and found that post. Omegas, if you made that, you would be crowned a VX god. I'd certainly be willing to beta-test and provide graphics.
Zadorain
Zadorain
Cookie Follower
Cookie Follower

Gald : 683

Back to top Go down

Kind of a battle system, kind of a full game system. Empty Re: Kind of a battle system, kind of a full game system.

Post by IMP1 Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:21 am

The amount of times I have tried and failed to make a Pokémon system because there's just sooo much goddamn work involved.
You don't fully realise until you start and just get overwhelmed.

I think the most useful think someone could do to help (graphcis, audio, etc. are already out there) would be to make a comprehensive top-down plan.
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Gald : 1399

Stats
Cookies: 5

Back to top Go down

Kind of a battle system, kind of a full game system. Empty Re: Kind of a battle system, kind of a full game system.

Post by The Creator Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:02 am

Hmmm... there is that thread on RPGmakervx.com that has all of those pokemon sprites and such... would that work?
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 920

Stats
Cookies: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by IMP1 Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:20 am

Would it work? No.
Would it help? Maybe.
Are there better places to get the graphics and audio? Definately.
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:23 am

just trying to help, thats the only place that comes to mind for those type of things.... unless you tried to rip them yourself.
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zadorain Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Nah, I don't mean an actual pokemon system- I have no desire to make a pokemon fan-game. I just mean a pet battle system of any kind- I'm sure Omegas or any scripter could come up with something. Razz
Zadorain
Zadorain
Cookie Follower
Cookie Follower

Back to top Go down

Post by IMP1 Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:29 pm

So, player doesn't have stats, but has actors in his party that level up and stuff, and battle for him....?
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zadorain Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Basically. Razz Or maybe it could be customizable with different options. I dunno... All I know is a good pet system would be awesome for VX.

Btw, I know that in it's current form it sounds exactly like pokemon XD
Zadorain
Zadorain
Cookie Follower
Cookie Follower

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:37 pm

hmm, that would be easy enough... you would just need to know a little bit of scripting!
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfsong Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Wait wait I though someone made something like that on rpgmakervx.net I saw you guys mention the topic with GFX but I think they also scripted a battle system. Actually I think SowS was the one who did it if you can Pm him about it he would know. (and no its not just a pokemon battle system its alo like a pet thing!)
Elfsong
Elfsong
Epic Cookiez
Epic Cookiez

Gald : 1056

Stats

http://www.freewebs.com/dimoak37

Back to top Go down

Post by Zadorain Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:58 pm

Nah, he hasn't done the actual battle system as far as I know. But if you can find a link where he has I would love you. But I'm almost positive he hasn't. Razz
Zadorain
Zadorain
Cookie Follower
Cookie Follower

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:41 am

maybe you could edit one of his scripts for your use!?!
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 am

This topic reminded me of the Digimon Data Squad game for PS2 O.o Though it was a little different. It was like, different galaxies for each digimon and you can digivolve them if you have fulfilled the requirements for the evolution and if you have used digivolve in a battle. There were lots of digimon evo paths.
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 1860

Stats
Cookies: 3

http://uneedhelp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:12 am

yeah... maybe you could event something like that...
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 am

Sounds interesting. Might give it a shot. Thanks for the idea Create Very Happy
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 1860

Stats
Cookies: 3

http://uneedhelp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down