OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm back with a question

+5
crazedanimekid
Snacks
Dezz123
Light
LoseOrDieTrying
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I'm back with a question Empty I'm back with a question

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:49 pm

I was recently on vacation, sorry I never said bye, but.. I have a question about the capabilities of this engine. Would this engine be able to become an mmo? As in, would it be possible to create a script that would launch a CMD or something that would run a server that players can connect to?
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Gald : 597

Stats
Cookies: 0

Back to top Go down

I'm back with a question Empty Re: I'm back with a question

Post by Light Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 pm

hmmmm I believe on rpgmakervx.net that someone has made a script for this go check out the script section there
Light
Light
Banned
Banned

Gald : 2129

Stats

http://www.light.site11.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Sweet, in that case I'm going to start up a project for an mmo, I'm much better at mmo's than rpgs. Smile

Edit: I'll start tomorrow.. >.<
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Dezz123 Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:22 am

Ask Vladismus on rmvx.net. He made a script for that.
Dezz123
Dezz123
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 6469

Stats

http://www.dezzgames.webs.com, www.evalon.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:23 am

Yeah, I got that one last night and I'm so illiterate when it comes to sql Idk how to make a database or start it. His/Her directions suck to a newbie, and he has horrible grammar, I just can't understand some of it.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Snacks Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 am

LoseOrDieTrying wrote:Yeah, I got that one last night and I'm so illiterate when it comes to sql Idk how to make a database or start it. His/Her directions suck to a newbie, and he has horrible grammar, I just can't understand some of it.

A newbie shouldn't be fooling around with MMO's made on RMVX anyways, try making a game that doesn't need online play to be good.

The people who aren't noobs and fully know the script in-and-out (Vlad) can stick with it, but otherwise, don't follow their footsteps.

^_^
Snacks
Snacks
Bronze Cookiez
Bronze Cookiez

Gald : 1164

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by crazedanimekid Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:46 am

I would avoid MMO creation on VX. It's ugly, time-consuming, and it seems only experts in the engine can get a good handle on it.

That being said, if you wish to pursue MMO making...a good team would be in order. I don't believe one person alone can handle it.
crazedanimekid
crazedanimekid
Platinum Cookiez
Platinum Cookiez

Gald : 1277

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 am

Snacks, what makes you think I'm a newbie to mmos? I've done my fair share of work on 3D engines, but I'm not really a scripter. I put everything together, make the dialogue, make it so everything is 99% flawless. Yes, I would need a team, and no, I'm not a noob when it comes to making games, I know what it takes. I myself am a hardcore gamer, currently I play Guild Wars and I've recently started playing WoW, they have both inspired me to create something.

Edit: And by looking at it, most of the good scripters don't really know how to spell or proper grammar, not saying all of them have bad grammar, but most of them do.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Snacks Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:52 am

LoseOrDieTrying wrote:What makes you think I'm a newbie to mmos? I've done my fair share of work on 3D engines, but I'm not really a scripter. I put everything together, make the dialogue, make it so everything is 99% flawless. Yes, I would need a team, and no, I'm not a noob when it comes to making games, I know what it takes. I myself am a hardcore gamer, currently I play Guild Wars and I've recently started playing WoW, they have both inspired me to create something.

Edit: And by looking at it, most of the good scripters don't really know how to spell or proper grammar, not saying all of them have bad grammar, but most of them do.

The whole online attribute capable in VX, is just one gigantic script. =.=
I'm not saying you're a noob, I'm just saying, the online is alot of script work..
You would need a team of amazing scripters to get it working right.

AND!
I'm also saying, just use another program other then VX for creation of MMOs. ^_^

Last edited by Snacks on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Snacks
Snacks
Bronze Cookiez
Bronze Cookiez

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarBell Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:53 am

i have heard this before in other places and they will normal say if you will think about making MMOs with RPG Maker then you should not use it! XD but if you to proving them wrong then you should try! :)
SugarBell
SugarBell
Cookie Baker
Cookie Baker

Gald : 1108

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:54 am

I'm saying though, a game isn't just scripts.. sure, the scripts make it run, but without proper grammar, bug fixes, and well written quests, nobody will want to play your game.

Edit: And yes, I love proving people wrong. Razz It's possible, but I don't really know any scripters here with this engine that I would want to work with, and nobody sticks with me.

Edit Edit: I don't really know any mmo makers that don't cost a fortune, and most of them need a team of professionals to use, since you would need modelers and all that good stuff.

Last edited by LoseOrDieTrying on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Snacks Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 am

LoseOrDieTrying wrote:I'm saying though, a game isn't just scripts.. sure, the scripts make it run, but without proper grammar, bug fixes, and well written quests, nobody will want to play your game.

Okay...
Then make an MMO, you can just work on the
game itself rather then the online play..

I'm not saying give up.. Just try new solutions >.<
Finding at least ONE good scripter is a necessity if you want online play though...

LoseOrDieTrying wrote:
Edit: And yes, I love proving people wrong. Razz It's possible, but I don't really know any scripters here with this engine that I would want to work with, and nobody sticks with me.

It's been done, of course it's not impossible.. But its only been done by some of the best scripters known to VX =.= (Aside hamachi from what I am aware of, which isn't as difficult, but isn't considered MMO)

And the only game using MMO, isn't even released yet.

I only fix script errors here and there, I can't help you with it...
maybe someone talented and willing will come along. GL!

Last edited by Snacks on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snacks
Snacks
Bronze Cookiez
Bronze Cookiez

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:02 pm

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm an idealist, I vision what I want in, request it, and put it in, and fix most of the bugs myself. If any scripters want to take on this project, I have big plans for it, and would love your help.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by crazedanimekid Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:06 pm

I admire your enthusiasm and resolve on this matter.
crazedanimekid
crazedanimekid
Platinum Cookiez
Platinum Cookiez

Gald : 1277

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Dezz123 Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:09 pm

LoseOrDieTryinp, add me on MSN and I'll add you in a convo with a VX MMO maker. (Xzygon)
Dezz123
Dezz123
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 6469

Stats

http://www.dezzgames.webs.com, www.evalon.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snacks Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:11 pm

crazedanimekid wrote:I admire your enthusiasm and resolve on this matter.

I don't Razz
Too much Naruto believin' it for my cookiez to handle. Dx
*smashes down hopes and dreams with megaton hammer*

Good luck though I guess ._.
If one day in the future you have a multi-millionaire game,
I will be your eternal slave.

EDIT:
Sorry for sounding harsh if I did, I was just trying to let you know the difficulty of what you're asking, whether you knew that or not! Smile

Last edited by Snacks on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snacks
Snacks
Bronze Cookiez
Bronze Cookiez

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Dezz, I have to reinstall MSN, I got a new hard drive.

Edit: It's fine snacks. Razz And yes, I do know what it requires, been doing this since RS private servers stared.

Edit Edit: I have you added already Dezz, but you're not on. D:
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Runescape Private Servers eh I remem those >.> and MMO is easy I made a Guild System in my game Celestial Dawn that is online >.> not so hard...

Edit: Oh and LoseOrDieTrying isn't that 50 cent's album XD. Oh and if you need any help with MMO skills give me a call I think I can script tht all I need is a hash base from an MMO that you would like to build from.
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Gald : 3288

Stats

http://www.slimshady.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Oh my gosh, I just talked with Xzygon, turns out that he doesn't know what makes an mmo and mmo. He's trying to tell me that there are limits to the engine, which is sort of true due to not being able to edit the engine itself. None of the mmo's that have been made on this engine have been made right, am I the only one that knows what a real mmo is here? It's like everyone has been locked inside of their house since they were born. (I'm talking about rpgmakervx.net community) They just don't know what an mmo is, I'm looking for REAL scripters that want to make a REAL mmo. So if you want to help, let me know, because I can't really do anything myself. Razz I'm just the person that puts everything together, makes it work, I make it a work of art, but as I said, without your help, I am nothing. Very Happy
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:28 pm

I'll help you Yung One Razz
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Well, what are you good at? Are you a scripter? I'm in need of many scripts, and someone to teach me how to use MySql lol.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm

ive familiar with MYSQL and C++ and yes I can script a bit but I can script alot in Anime Skills Razz
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:45 pm

Well the main script I need is a party system. One where you can right click a player, which brings up options, and one of the options is invite. You click that and then the one who invited the other is set to the party leader and a small interface appears showing the parties health and energy levels, and any status effects, and a maximum of 4-6 in a party, the number is probably going to be changed when it becomes balanced. So if you think you can do this script you would be the most amazing person ever. Very Happy
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Thats Phython I think im not sure but I can learn fast
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Snacks Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:50 pm

=.=
All I can say is that everyone has tried it, and only a couple succeeded, and not even anywhere near user friendly success.

It's one thing to bounce a concept aroudn in your mind and to others, its another to make that concept work properly in RMVX, let alone any other Game Developing software.

P.S.
I use C++ and Python, and both have EXTENSIVE scripting for online play of any kind, and they usually have to adapt onto a program themselves.. Like Torque.. or anything else..(Including RMVX)

EDIT:
I'll shutup now.. >_>
Here's what you said for others to notice and help you..!
LoseOrDieTrying wrote:Well the main script I need is a party system. One where you can right click a player, which brings up options, and one of the options is invite. You click that and then the one who invited the other is set to the party leader and a small interface appears showing the parties health and energy levels, and any status effects, and a maximum of 4-6 in a party, the number is probably going to be changed when it becomes balanced. So if you think you can do this script you would be the most amazing person ever. Very Happy
Snacks
Snacks
Bronze Cookiez
Bronze Cookiez

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down