OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't make up my mind..

+5
Elfsong
The Creator
IMP1
Shady
LoseOrDieTrying
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I can't make up my mind.. Empty I can't make up my mind..

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't know what I want to do with my life.. I've went back and forth on so many things. Games are a passion of mine, I've put so much time into them. But I also love many other things.

There has always been one thing that has been holding me back from creating a mindblowing mmo. I lack dedicated friends. So my question is.. Would there be anyone here that would like to pursue a game making career, and develop a game engine with me for an mmo?

I know it sounds crazy, but you have to start as early as possible, learn as much as you can. Who knows, it could blow up big and we could prosper, but there is the chance that it doesn't get the required attention. Let me know if you'd be willing to even think about doing this.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Gald : 597

Stats
Cookies: 0

Back to top Go down

I can't make up my mind.. Empty Re: I can't make up my mind..

Post by Shady Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 pm

lose, Like I said I'll make the MMO with you Smile i'll stay by your side to make one kick ass MMO Very Happy
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Gald : 3288

Stats

http://www.slimshady.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Shady wrote:lose, Like I said I'll make the MMO with you Smile i'll stay by your side to make one kick ass MMO Very Happy

This would require work outside of this rpg maker though, we have to start from scratch and build it up. Graphics, scripts, engine, everything.

It's going to take a lot of work and I appreciate your support, this is a tedious task to do. I was really inspired by the mmo "Endless Online", it was well put together but the admins deserted it.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by IMP1 Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:00 pm

I would love to learn and help, but I don't think I have the right mentality to keep at something for long.
IMP1
IMP1
Coding Moderator
Coding Moderator

Gald : 1399

Stats
Cookies: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:08 pm

IMP1 wrote:I would love to learn and help, but I don't think I have the right mentality to keep at something for long.

Yeah, that's where most of the problems arise from, people can't keep interest in the projects.

I think that once it gets far enough into development, people will be able to keep up with it and want to make it better. Like with an mmo, once you see that player base start to grow, and watch them organize trades and play the game, you will be inspired. That's what I strive for, a community I can get in touch with, put what they want in the game, and watch them grow and learn all the bells and whistles of your game.

It's a great feeling once you get to the point where your game is a hit, but getting to that point requires a strong ambition.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Hmm ... I start school next week BUT... I'm taking Advance Tech so I might learn a trick or two for it. I usually don't do my homework so I'm ok Very Happy. I'd be glad to help. Very Happy
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Sigh... this is actually one of my biggest things to... I know exactally what you mean. When I get older im going to do computer graphics design so I am set there... I really do hope you the best of luck, this is really important to me also, and I would LOVE to see you do good in this, if there is anything else I can do for you... pm me ANYTIME!
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 920

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Dawningstar wrote:Sigh... this is actually one of my biggest things to... I know exactally what you mean. When I get older im going to do computer graphics design so I am set there... I really do hope you the best of luck, this is really important to me also, and I would LOVE to see you do good in this, if there is anything else I can do for you... pm me ANYTIME!

Thank you for your support, right now I'm really in need of people that know where to even start the coding of a game engine, as I don't have any resources or guides to go by.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfsong Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Hey lose if you want Im all for doing graphics for you Im pretty good at just winging stuff so I would love to help!!
Elfsong
Elfsong
Epic Cookiez
Epic Cookiez

Gald : 1056

Stats

http://www.freewebs.com/dimoak37

Back to top Go down

Post by moneymenace Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey, Lose. I think it's fantastic that you want to pursue an act of dedication to something you like to do. Although I don't share it with you, I'll be here to help you with any form of music, as that is where my dedication lies.
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Gald : 1337

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:04 am

yes, as I think we are all trying to say here... We are all behind you in whatever you need whenever you need it!
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 920

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:35 am

I guess it's time to start learning c++ then.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 am

C++?! Why did'nt you say so i'm a pro at that XD. I used to code V.I.P hacks for call of duty back in the day Razz and .bat files. Yea. .bat files >;D
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:43 am

Shady wrote:C++?! Why did'nt you say so i'm a pro at that XD. I used to code V.I.P hacks for call of duty back in the day Razz and .bat files. Yea. .bat files >;D

It's the best for making a game engine. Right now I want to code the engine to the point to where you can start it up, and see a little ball (your character) and be able to move around a bit. Then I will work on all the networking crap (which is going to be the hardest part). After that, it will basically be smooth sailing.

As for the gameplay, I'm going to use something like my "Dream Wars" idea.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:50 am

I think my friend can code an Equipment Script that lets you wear what you have instead of those sprites that just have them in Equips
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:55 am

Shady wrote:I think my friend can code an Equipment Script that lets you wear what you have instead of those sprites that just have them in Equips

This project isn't going to be using RMVX, this is a standalone application made from scratch by me. I'm getting every single thing made from scratch, so we won't run into any copyright issues, and we will be able to say "Hey, I worked on that and made that engine from the ground up."

Currently, I'm going through tutorials on c++, I'm picking it up quick, so expect development of the engine to start sometime next week.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by moneymenace Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:26 am

Don't rush it, trust me. You'll find yourself looking back at the tutorials, like me. I can't learn things like scripting without a teacher. Feel free to ask for help on scripting as well.
moneymenace
moneymenace
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Gald : 1337

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:43 am

moneymenace wrote:Don't rush it, trust me. You'll find yourself looking back at the tutorials, like me. I can't learn things like scripting without a teacher. Feel free to ask for help on scripting as well.

Heh, I do have a teacher lol. Watching this guy called "thenewboston" on youtube, he's an amazing teacher, I've learned many things from him in the past.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:46 am

Lol Lose, I know. But like any other game there's scripts. D3D, DirectX and other stuff.

Plus theres a fuck load of Compiling and other stuff to do. Money s right don't rush these things =O
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:37 am

Shady wrote:Lol Lose, I know. But like any other game there's scripts. D3D, DirectX and other stuff.

Plus theres a fuck load of Compiling and other stuff to do. Money s right don't rush these things =O

Who said I was rushing anything lol? I never said I'm gonna have this done within two weeks.

I said my plans are to start making the engine next week, and by that I'm not setting a deadline.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 am

Hmm so what kind of engine will you be making?
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 1860

Stats
Cookies: 3

http://uneedhelp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:54 am

BasilMeer wrote:Hmm so what kind of engine will you be making?

It will be for an mmorpg. It's not going to be anywhere near as easy to use as RMVX, most likely everything will need to be put in via c++ code. There will be a couple things that will be using a GUI though, such as mapping, in fact I think that's the only thing that will have its own standalone program.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:34 am

Like Realm Crafter? Or whatever it is called. Will you be able to make your own full-fledged MMORPGs with it?
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 1860

Stats
Cookies: 3

http://uneedhelp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by LoseOrDieTrying Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:48 am

BasilMeer wrote:Like Realm Crafter? Or whatever it is called. Will you be able to make your own full-fledged MMORPGs with it?

It's not really going to be a program that's easy to use like the rpg makers, it's going to be set up mostly to the point where I will know how to use it and how it runs. Once I get into production of it I will start logging walls of text on how and why parts of the engine work.

I probably won't be able to start on the engine next week as I planned, I need to learn a lot more still.
LoseOrDieTrying
LoseOrDieTrying
Cookie Eater
Cookie Eater

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:27 pm

What I meant Lose is that your already asking for help without Knowing what EXACTLY your going to make. On top of that your asking random people without getting to know their work Exactly positioned.
Shady
Shady
Banned
Banned

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next