OmegaDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with STORY idea!

5 posters

Go down

Need help with STORY idea! Empty Need help with STORY idea!

Post by mitchi.exe Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:39 am

I've been working on a game, and here's a screenshot of it:
Need help with STORY idea! Slscrn2

I already have the gameplay mechanics (numbered), but I can't think of any idea for a story!
Can you help me brainstorm for a story? You shall be credited in return and I shall accept a graphic request for the person who will contribute the most. The theme is SUMMER LOVE. (Yes, you guessed right, I'm planning to join rmvx.net's contest)

Mechanics:
1 - Health and Stamina System
2 - Talk mode (req. Stamina; talks to the person in front)
3 - Observer mode (req. Stamina; checks the background image for items)
4 - Mouse System
5 - Bond System (color changes depending on the intimacy)
6 - HUD menu (item, save, load, status, exit map)

Maybe I can start working on the game on saturday and hopefully finish it by monday~.
(yes, I know, that's super rush)
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Gald : 1920

Stats
Cookies: 10

Back to top Go down

Need help with STORY idea! Empty Re: Need help with STORY idea!

Post by BasilMeer Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:52 am

Well how about this, a group of friends go to the beach for enjoying themselves. After a while they get in the water. One of them (who is a girl) uses a life boat or whatever air inflated boat because she doesn't know swimming and her friend (a guy) starts teasing her by waving the boat. Suddenly a big wave emerges and drowns them. They drift to a shore to an unknown island and must survive there. You can use things like wood to make fire and catch fishes using a stick with a sharp end and cook and stuff. And maybe some romantic scenes. So? Fair enough?
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 1860

Stats
Cookies: 3

http://uneedhelp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchi.exe Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 am

That's actually very good, Basil~! Never thought of it but I recently just watched Survivor.
Oh...

I'll try that out!
It suits the theme very well, and I don't have to worry about adding more characters.
Thanks a bunch... You shall receive~
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:32 am

No problem mitchi. Story writing is my specialty Wink Glad you liked the idea. The actual base of the idea goes to the screenshot you posted though. Also, what will I receive Very Happy
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchi.exe Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:54 am

Hmmm.. It depends on you. XD
Well, if you need help with graphics, sprites, or any resource except tiles, I'll be your guest.
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilMeer Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:44 am

Alright, I will ask you if I need any graphics. Thanks for the offer. By the way, the screenshot you posted made me jumpy like this :bounce: I really wanna play it. I wish you good luck in completing it.
BasilMeer
BasilMeer
Legendary
Legendary

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vectomon Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:16 pm

So... Can I still give it a shot?

In the future, global warming killed most of humanity, and you're the last man on earth. You must find a partner and restart humanity, but even if you're the last man on earth, they're picky - You must charm them first!

Silly brain, silly ideas Razz
Vectomon
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Gald : 3025

Stats
Cookies: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by omegas7 Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:30 pm

This is a survival horror zombies in the beach game.
That's right, zombies everywhere. A small group of people escaped, but they are complete strangers to you. One of them, is this girl. Your greatest desire is to leave that beach as soon as possible, for zombies are coming out of everywhere! But you can't do it alone, there is an obstacle that requires 2 people to.. dunno, move a big rock or something? None of the strangers seem to like your idea of running out of their somehow secure shack, but the girl is quiet, seems like she's thinking about your idea! But she still thinks you're a stranger, so you will have to convince her into helping you. You will need to chat, give gifts from the beach like corals etc (you will have to leave the shack and avoid zombies, collecting items on the floor). She will later like you and follow you to the big rock. You're close to the climax of the game: Lots of zombies on your way! You will have to run through a long path, plus guiding this girl to safety. Don't go too far from her, or she will get lost and be eaten by the zombies. Once you reach the big rock, you two push it, but there are too many zombies coming for you...

This is where you make the big choice:
1. You will stay there, using all your strength to maintain the rock a bit open, just enough for the girl to escape. You'll die.
2. Promise the girl everything will be fine, to just make her best efforts to maintain the rock open a bit for you to escape. She'll die.
3. You love her, and you think it is impossible for one single person to maintain the path open from such huge rock... you'll die, together.

EPILOGUE.
Depending on your selection at the end...
1. A scene shows the life of the girl. That's right, she made her life: The zombie pest was controlled, she graduated, she met many friends, she married, she had kids, she was happy... she completely forgot about you.
2. A scene from the far future, 200 years later, you will see a school, and a history teacher was talking about the greatest dictators of all time. He talks about you, someone who learned to manipulate people for your own good. You went far in life, you took over the world with such charming skills.
3. You're both dead. At the end, you will be asked "Was it worth it?". No matter your answer, nothing will happen next, you're back at the title screen.

And a fun extra ending: If you collected tons of corals and stuff from the beach, you will see many articles in the future: "ZOMBIES EAT CORALS?!" or "ZOMBIES ARE OUR FRIENDS, THEY CLEAN OUR BEACHES!!" and stuff Razz

Phew, that was a bit long, I was bored =/
I also though of entering that contest, but I'm not good with stories Sad
omegas7
omegas7
Admin
Admin

Gald : 4121

Stats

http://www.omegadev.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Omegas!!! NOO! That was my Idea you Roftlcopter Od'er!!

Actually, I would also really like to play this game to! It looks very professional and like alot of fun! I can do icons for you if you need! * xD, failed attempt to help you... *

Last edited by omegas7 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : You quoted my huge post right after it >__>)
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 920

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchi.exe Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:52 am

I have given up now, because of some problems I have to take care of.
Thanks to everyone who gave an idea! You shall all receive~

I will still continue developing this game, but I don't have the time to enter it.
Thaaaaank you!
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe
Resource Moderator
Resource Moderator

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Well good luck! I will definatley play this when you post it! * SO HURRY UP, IT LOOKS TO GOOD TO WAIT ANYMORE!! Razz * just let me know when its out!
The Creator
The Creator
Legendary
Legendary

Gald : 920

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down